IllusoryThrall’s Sims 3 & 4 blog Home Page
Hello! You’ve found my sims 3 & 4 blog. I’m known as IllusoryThrall on Sims 3/4 Forums, and Wyldhawke on modthesims.com, boolprop, and on Origin. Feel free to send me a friends request on any or all of those. I’ll be using this site for blogging on my Sims 3 & 4 Challenge games. Challenge games are just that – games I’ve started for any Challenge I’ve either come up with or found that I want to try. I’m going to TRY to not have too many active at any one time, and most will probably have a story to go with them. I haven’t tried blogging challenge stories before for Sims 2 (and back in Sims 1 I didn’t even KNOW about Challenges – I mostly built and fiddled around in the game.. hehe) – so this should be interesting. You’ll all have to bear with me as I practice stretching creative muscles I haven’t used for a while.. *grin*
Update: I am now streaming The Sims 4 on my Twitch channel! For more information on my streaming schedule, check my Twitch page or the information page on my blog here.
Current Posting Rotation/Schedule: (Updated 6/11/21)
How I’m hoping this will work: I will be finishing generations to complete each rotation. So, example: I’ll finish the generations in progress for the first three challenges, then move to the next rotation. How long this will take for each rotation, I don’t know. Hopefully not too long. My target goal would be finishing them in less than a month for each rotation. Also: I do this rotation so I can keep my sims game as “fresh” as possible… so if I’m really “feeling” one rotation over another, I reserve the right to change where I go next.
Rotation One: (trying to finish gens before July 22nd, will move on even if not done!)
Side Rotation:1 (Starting July 22nd, 2021)
1this rotation can be stuck in between any other rotation, allowing it to happen more often. I will note when this is active or next in the rotation.
The Diversity Experiment (Rebuild Vol 1 & 2 Challenge) – On Gen 1 of 100
Decades Challenge War (Two Simultaneous Decades Challenges with different start conditions and and aging rules.) – In the 1890s with both
Challenges Authored by Me: (Updated 3/23/21)
- The Apartment Switch – A Drifter-inspired City Living challenge.
- The Master Simmer Challenge – A “do everything in the game” challenge.
- 100 Day Creativity Challenge – A casual building and CAS challenge.
- Timeline Adventure Challenge – Main Rules – A way to explore history and imagination through the Sims 4.
- Generations 1-5 (A Fruitful Beginning – Medieval Magic)
- Generations 6-10 (Creating the Renaissance – Regency Era Lover)
- Generations 11-15 (Gothic Nightmare – Gangsters and Flappers)
- Generations 16-20 (The Great Depression – Protest, Activism, and the Vietnam War)
- Generations 21-25 (The Cold War – Hack the Planet)
- Generations 26-30 (Extreme Sports Craze – Age of Automation)
- Generations 31-33 (The End of the World – Full Circle)
Challenges Edited by Me2: (Updated 3/23/21)
2These are hosted on Google Docs, not on my blog, so be aware the links will open in a new window.
- All Packs Updated and Extended Not So Berry Challenge – Inspired by the great No So Berry challenge, but much longer, and with some more challenging goals. Kept very much in the spirit of the original challenge, though.
- The Decades Challenge (Hard Mode) – A much harder version of the Decades challenge – not family friendly, and not for the faint of heart.
My Current Challenge Attempts3 (Updated 6/5/21)
3sorted by blog style
Commentary Style blogging:
- “Those Crazy Irish” ISBI Challenge
- “The Ramblers” – Sims 4 Drifter Challenge
- Thrall’s Master Simmer
- “Bundles from Sixam” – Alien 100 Baby Challenge
- “Who’s Crazy Now?” – Backwards ISBI
- Falconvale EPIC
- Decades Challenge War – “Sheppard’s Decades”
Story Style Blogging:
- “Foreshadowed Sunset” – a Vampire Lineage
- “Tails of Sulani” – Mermaid Legacy Challenge
- “The Broomstick Files” – Magical Legacy Challenge
- Decades Challenge War – “A Tangled Yarn”
Streamed Live on Twitch:
- Hard Mode Decades Challenge (Jacobson Family)
- All Packs Updated and Extended Not So Berry Challenge (Schwartz Family)
- Timeline Adventure Challenge testing play-through (Adventurer Family)
- RainbowSins Challenge (Hyde Family) – this is my Wed. evening challenge!
- Mystery Mansion Challenge
“On Hiatus” Challenges (Updated 6/5/21)
- “Plumbobbing Through Time” (Exploring History Challenge)
- The Townie Rotation – An indefinitely played game where I take the EA premade sims and see where their lives could go. – commentary style. (Link removed from menu)
- Build-a-Pack Challenge (Sims 4 Build challenge)
- A Sims 4 Alphabetcy (Random Legacy to 26 generations) – Not blogging this one, currently on generation 3.
- Settlers Challenge (Sims 4)
- “The Travelers” – a Sims 4 Drifter challenge with a game-driven story.
- The Wyld Game (Name Game Challenge) – 26 Letters to go
- Island Spirits (Sulani History Challenge) – On Gen 1 of 10
- Braxton Baby Boom – 0 of 32 children Moved Out
- That’s Life (Board Game challenge) – On Gen 1 of 8
Past Challenges (Updated On 6/11/21)
- Thrall’s Drifter – (Retired) My old Sims 4 Drifter Challenge – blogged commentary style. Decided to restart my Drifter after my hiatus from Sims and not wanting to sort through screenshots taken over a year previously and try to figure out where exactly I was.
- “Spectres of the Past” (NiF/Apocalypse – Sims 3) – On Hiatus – My second favorite challenge from a story point of view. (First favorite is my retired challenge, Falconvale.) This is the one that my family thinks of when they think of my Sims blogging. Very much a story driven challenge – it stalled due to the game not working quite the way I wanted it to. i.e. A “random chance” happening when it was supposed to (or happening at all, really.) I finally resolved that issue and it is just now coming back into my writing cycle.
- “Falcon Apocalypse” Challenge (Sims 3) – On Hiatus – Yeah, I know, this one should probably have a better name.. but I never came up with one, but this is what I’ve been calling it, so the name stuck. The family name is “Falcon”, and it’s a straight-up Sims 3 Apocalypse challenge, so that’s where the name came from. Just restarted this one, and am blogging a story to go with it (Game-driven story).
- “Castaway Shores” NiF Challenge (Sims 3) – On Hiatus – This is an old challenge I just got working again… so I’m really looking forward to playing it some more again. I’ve been missing the “NiF” challenges for such a long time, and the whole idea of doing one in the Island Paradise world as a castaway was too much to resist. (Game-driven story)
Completed Challenges (Updated On 6/11/21)
- Apartment Switch Testing Phases – “Normal” and “Extreme” difficulty
- Hoarder’s House Challenge – completed on stream link to rules here
Planned Challenges (Updated On 6/11/21)
- Vampire Legacy (sims 4)
- 50 foals challenge? (Sims 3)
- A Sims 3 (obviously) horseacy (focusing on the horse’s legacy, the family as a secondary)
- A Supernatural legacy? (sims 3)
- Asylum Challenge (always wanted to try one of these, and have never gotten around to trying) Sims 4 or Sims 3
- Runaway Teen Challenge (sims 4) One Two
- Wonder Child challenge? (Sims 4)
- Immortal Dynasty Challenge (sims 4)
- Build NewCrest Challenge (sims 4)
- Seven Dwarves Challenge? (sims 4)
- Random Legacy Challenge? (Sims 4)
- Sims 4 Apocalypse? (new rules here)
- Vampire Coven Challenge?
- New Beginnings Challenge
- Shipwrecked challenge
- Packs Legacy Challenge
- Parentcy Challenge
- OWBC Challenge
- mysims legacy challenge
- Sims 4 BaCC? One Two
- 5 year celebration challenge
- Rags to riches challenge
- The Room Challenge
- Stranded Challenge
- Dear Diary Challenge
- Close Encounter Academy?
- DyNasty of Darkness Challenge
- UpGrowth Challenge
- Make a SuperSim?
- Hanana’s 100 Day Challenge (CAS)
- Neck of the Woods Challenge
- Homescapes Challenge
- Sprucer-Upper Challenge
- Flipping House Challenge
- Build a Village Challenge
- Victorian Challenge
- Viking Challenge
- Townie Life challenge
- Seven Sins: Redemption Challenge
- Dreamhouse Challenge
- Cosmo Legacy
- Garden Legacy
- Great British Sim Challenge
- Black History Challenge